The daughter wants to to know:
‘Have you ever?’
My answers in blue…
01. Bought everyone in the pub a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain – a little one, Knocknarea in Sligo when I was a little girl
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said “I love you’ and meant it – I try to say it everyday
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern/Southern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg – if you count my feet, then yes!
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s nappy
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Got drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment –many times what women hasn’t?
27. Had a food fight – do Marshmallows count?
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger – not telling who!
30. Had a snowball fight – but hated it because I feel the cold so much
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster – in Legoland
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking – along a street when I realised I was in love!
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment – yes for the most part of life but being in love, engaged, married and becoming a mother are highlights
39. Visited all 7 states and territories in Australia
40. Taken care of someone who was drunk
41. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
42. Watched wild whales
43. Stolen a sign – will an ashtray do?
44. Backpacked in Europe – yes I live in Europe!
45. Taken a road-trip
46. Gone rock climbing
47. What happened to 47? –seem to have lost this one
48. Midnight walk on the beach
49. Gone sky diving
50. Taken a train through Europe
51. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love – well I thought it was love.
52. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table, and had a meal with them
53. Milked a cow
54. Alphabetized your CDs
55. Sung karaoke – Motherhood can be cruel
56. Lounged around in bed all day
57. Gone scuba diving
58. Kissed in the rain – Mmmmm!… memories.
59. Gone to a drive-in theatre
60. Started a business
61. Taken a martial arts class
62. Been in a movie
63. Crashed a party
64. Gone without food for 5 days
65. Gotten a tattoo
66. Got flowers for no reason – yes, but preferred chocolate
67. Performed on stage – In a school production
68. Been to Las Vegas
69. Recorded music
70. Eaten shark
71. Buried one or/both of your parents – both
72. Been on a cruise ship
73. Spoken more than one language fluently
74. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over – Wiesbaden, Germany
75. Walked the Sydney Harbour Bridge
76. Had plastic surgery
77. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
78. Wrote articles for a large publication – does a newspaper count?
79. Piloted an airplane
80. Petted a stingray
81. Broken someone’s heart – if I did he never told me.
82. Broken a bone – my right wrist
83. Eaten sushi
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
86. Skipped all your school reunions
87. Shaved your head
88. Caused a car accident – a minor one, but whoops….
89. Pretended to be “sick” – part of school days
90. Surfed in the ocean
91. Saved someone’s life
92. Fainted – while doing duty on a flag day.
93. Been in the room while someone is giving birth – yes me!
94. Hitchhiked – from Dublin to Salthill in Galway, way back in another life when it was safe to do so and I was not alone.
95. Adopted a child
96. Been caught daydreaming – favourite pastime in my schooldays, had to make the day go by somehow.
97. Been to Ayers Rock
98. Called off a wedding engagement
99. Donated your blood
100. Become a follower of Jesus Christ- growing up in Ireland you started that way and then perhaps became something else!